Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall fashion I'm loving + my favorite places to bargain shop

If there's one thing I love EVEN more than hair and makeup, it's clothes and shoes.  I've been a shopaholic since I can remember.  One of my most vivid memories is of desperately wanting a pair of 'MC Hammer pants', as I called them, for my fifth birthday.  To my surprise, Grandma Bonnie presented me with a pair of pink and black polka dot parachute pants, and at that moment, all the world was right.  Now, 23 years later, those hideous pants have started showing up in stores again (I've decided to skip that trend for now)! With the creation of Pinterest, we are now able to see how different women all over the world create outfits.  Now, when I'm shopping, I'll usually have an outfit I saw on Pinterest as my inspiration.  I will not go so far as to say that I'm 'cheap', but I am definitely thrifty!  After my years and years of research, I've figured out where I can find the best deals, and which stores fit my particular style the best. 

One thing I do want to share with those of you who have been living under a rock is 'Retail Me Not'.  For those of you who have never heard of it, it started out as a website, and is now also an App where you are able to enter the name of the store you're shopping at, and it will give you all of the In-store coupons, as well as coupon codes for online purchases.  If you're shopping in store, you can then simply hand your phone to the cashier, and they can scan the barcode right off your phone.  Isn't technology amazing?! Now of course there's no gaurantee that every store you shop in will offer coupons or discounts, but it's certainly worth trying! I truly can't remember the last time I paid full price for anything, unless I was shopping at Tj Maxx, but that doesn't really count, because their merchandise is already super affordable!

I thought I would post a couple pictures of outfits I'm inspired by for the fall, and then below, I'm going to share with you where I've found to be the most affordable places for recreating the looks.

I love how this outfit is a little bit 'rocker edgy', but still very comfortable. I love long tanktops!
This chunky sweater paired with a bold necklace and leggings makes casual look dressy.
Skinny jeans + booties+ scarf+leather jacket = perfection.
 
 
 
 My Favorite places to bargain shop
TJ Maxx: as I mentioned above, the clothing is already marked down to a fraction of what you'd pay for it in a department store.  I've even found items there that were being sold at Apricot Lane for almost double the price.  Yes, you do have to take the time to look through the racks, but when you find something you love for $12.99, it's totally worth the time and effort!  Almost all of my shirts and dresses come from TJ Maxx, and I get several wears out of them.  I've found that the quality of most everything I buy there is just as good as anywhere. Unfortunately, TJ Maxx doesn't offer online shopping just yet.
 
H&M: this is my favorite place to buy basics, like long tank tops, t shirts, and leggings. I will also buy the occasional sweater or jacket there.  One of my favorite things in my closet is my extra long tank top from H&M that I wear underneath sweaters when I'm wearing leggings. It was only $10, so I'm planning to go back and get a few different colors. H&M has a full website, ready to be shopped, and they frequently offer percentages off!
 
GoJane.com:  I discovered this website about five years ago, and have been buying almost all of my boots there ever since.  They also sell clothing, but shoes are what they're known for.  They have more boots than you ever imagined existed, and in fact, I'm waiting on a shipment any day now!  They also offer discount codes quite often, as well as free shipping over a certain dollar amount spent. Before you drop $80 for some riding boots at a department store, browse the website, because chances are you will find some very similar, for half the price.
 
Sassysteals.com:  I recently discovered this website through instagram, and I love it.  Basically, every day, there is a new 'steal', which might be a scarf, a necklace, a skirt, etc. They buy things in bulk, and then sell them at a discounted price. Most everything is under $15, and very on trend.  This would be a great website to Christmas shop for those accessory lovers in your life!
 
As always, thank you so much for stopping by my blog.  I hope you enjoyed my first fashion post. Have a beautiful day!  
 
 


2 comments:

  1. jane.com (used to be veryjane) and groupdealz.com is another place you will find affordable clothing as well as steals on other merchandise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shell, I'll take a look :)

    ReplyDelete