Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I Heart False Lashes

There is nothing that makes me feel fancier than throwing on a pair of false lashes for a night out.  There's something about the way it enhances and opens up the eye that just makes you feel prettier instantly! For years, I would browse the false lash section of Walmart, and think to myself 'I wish I knew how to use those.'  I talked myself out of buying them many times, because I had decided that the only people who could possibly apply them were makeup artists and drag queens. After I became a YouTube beauty video addict, I decided it was time to put the fear aside and try them.  So, I bought several pairs of cheap lashes, like these from Elf.  I couldn't bare the thought of screwing up with a $4 pair of lashes. I also made sure to get a high quality lash glue.  I knew I needed glue that either dried clear, or dried black (to blend with my eyeliner).  I went with the glue that starts out white and eventually ends up clear.  My favorite glue is 'LashGrip' adhesive. This can be found pretty much anywhere lashes are sold. I get mine at Walmart. Once I felt like I was semi-good at applying the lashes, I started experimenting with different styles.  My favorite lashes are the ones that aren't too over the top, but are fuller and longer than my own.  Salon Perfect and Ardel are my two favorite brands, because they're very good quality, and are usually under $4.  'Demi Wispies' are great because they give that lifted, cat-eye effect, and gradually go from short (inner corner) to long (outer corner) to elongate the eye.  Another great way to start out in the false lash world is to buy lash accents, which are false lashes that only go on the outer half of your eye.  These give a great winged effect, without the fuss of placing them on the inner corner. 
So since it would be really difficult for me to explain, in detail, how I apply my lashes, I've attached a video of my favorite YouTube beauty guru, Jaclyn Hill, showing you how to apply them.  This is pretty much the exact way I go about applying my lashes.  She uses lashes that are much more expensive than the ones I use, but the basic application process is the same! I hope you enjoy, and I hope that you will all go out and grab a pair of falsies ;)
 
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog.  Have a beautiful day!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment