Monday, October 7, 2013

Tarte Beauty Without Boundaries 8 piece collection Review

A couple weeks ago, I got an email from Tarte cosmetics letting me know that their new collection would be on QVC.  So, I did what any girl on a tight budget would do, and I put an alert on my phone so I could just "watch and not buy". Well, that lasted about thirty minutes, and then my shopping addiction took over. Needless to say, I've got eight new pieces to add to my makeup collection, and I'm here to tell you all about what I thought of them! I got the entire collection for approximately $60, which sounds like a lot, but when you factor in that the foundation brush alone is nearly $40, it's truly a great deal! As I have said before, Tarte is one of my favorite makeup brands.  Not only are their products high quality, they are paraben free, and cruelty free. Plus, I must say, they have some of the cutest packaging ever! Now let's get started...


BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer: This is the star of the show, as far as this collection goes.  While I think the name is confusing, due to the fact that it is referred to as a primer, I LOVE this product!  To me, it applies like a medium coverage foundation, just without the heaviness.  The texture is very light, and almost seems whipped. It blends very easily, and doesn't make my dry skin appear cakey.  I think this would be a fantastic option for those of you with oily skin, because it really gives a matte finish. I give this product a solid A!
 
Double Ended Bamboo brush:  This brush was designed specifically to apply the BB primer.  The flat top buffing brush blends the product in seamlessly, and the dome shaped end works on the areas underneath the eye, and around the nose. I love love love this brush! The fact that you basically get two brushes in one is awesome, but the soft bristles are what really makes this brush a winner! I give this one a A, also!
 
BB tinted under eye corrector: I'm sad to say it, but I really dislike this product.  First of all, my camera made this look much lighter in the picture than it actually is.  In person, it's much more yellow.  The color isn't what I really hate the most about it either, it's the texture.  It is super thick, and almost impossible to blend. I ordered my kit in the shade 'fair', which is the lightest shade available, so I was expecting to the under eye corrector to be as light or lighter than the BB primer. However, it's darker, and much more yellow, which does not flatter my skintone at all.  I've worn this twice now, to make sure I gave it an honest chance.  I will probably never use this again, and I give it a big ol' F!
 
 
 
 Dual sided diffuser bamboo concealer brush:  Overall, I think this is a nice brush for applying concealer.  I've only used it with the above mentioned crappy under eye treatment, but the bristles are soft and dense, so I would assume that when used with a nice, creamy concealer, it would be a winner. I'm not going to grade this one, since I haven't had enough experience using it with products I actually like!
 
Lipsurgence Power Pigment in 'Awakening': Tarte makes some of my favorite lipstick, so I was excited to try a new kind of lip product from them!  Although I don't love this formula as much as I love the Amazonian Butter lipsticks, I do like it, and have worn it a couple times.  It's a neutral, pale rosey shade that seems to compliment almost any skintone.  Sometimes crayon-like lip stains scare me, because they can be very drying, but I found that this product does not dry out my lips.  It seems to have really good lasting power as well.  I probably would not have picked out this shade on my own, but I'm happy with it.  When I went to swatch this for the first time, the product was soft from being in my mailbox, so it broke off at the base. I'm not sure if this is recommended or not, but I stuck it in the freezer for a few hours, and it seems to be intact now! Overall, I give this product a B!
 
 
Lights, Camera, Flashes waterproof 12 hour inner rim liner:  Aside from the ridiculously long name, I like this liner! It applies easily, and is a very pigmented black.  It's creamy, but not so creamy that it ends up sliding around and getting in your eye, on your contacts, etc. It's great for those of you who like to line your inner rim, or 'tightline', which is lining the inner rim of your upper lash line. I give this one an A!
 
Lights, camera, flashes Statement Mascara:  Mascara is the hardest thing for me to review, because I feel like it really just depends on the person.  I know a couple people who absoloutly love 'Benefit: They're Real " mascara, which sells for almost $25 a pop, and I HATE it! I've also told my coworker how amazing 'Lash Love' by Mary Kay is, and she tried it and hated it, so it's really a hard thing to recommend. As far as this mascara from Tarte goes, I neither love it nor hate it.  It definitely does not rank up there with my Lash love, but it's not the worst thing I've ever used either.  It's somewhat of a wet formula, so you have to be careful not to blink too hard after applying it, or you'll have black dots underneath your eyes.  It's a very black formula, which I do like. The brush is a bit large, so it's hard to get in really close to your lashline without poking yourself in the eye.  I give this product a C+, but who knows, you may love it!
 
 
The eighth piece of this collection is the limited edition bag.  I have nothing bad to say about this bag, because, well, it's just a bag.  I love the colorful chevron print, and it's big enough to store every makeup item I need while traveling.  I'm always a sucker for a free bag! 
 
If you're interested in ordering this collection, it's exclusive to QVC right now.  You can order it here. The price has gone up just a bit since I ordered it.  It's now $65.98. If you have a makeup lover in the family, this would be a great Christmas gift!
 
As always, thank you for taking time to read my blog.  Have a beautiful day! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment